Saturday, May 05, 2012

Little Guy Chronicles 1

      The electricity goes out.  I immediately call the electric company to report.  As usual, I get a reply that they will send their repair men to our area.

     In front of Little Guy, I say, “Oh no!  We might be suffering the same fate as those in Mindanao now!  This is a bad omen.” 

     His curiosity piqued, Little Guy asks: “Are we in Mindanao, Lala?”

     “No, we are in Luzon.  Cainta is in the province of Rizal and Rizal is in Luzon.”

     Not to be outdone, Little Guy adds, “And Luzon is in the Philippines and the Philippines is in the world and the world is in the solar system and the solar system is in the galaxy and the galaxy is in the sky.  Oh, joke!  The galaxy is in God.” 

     Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. . . . . . is what I have in mind.

*****

 We travel to have our flu shots in the middle of the day and the sun is scorching hot.

     Little Guy complains, “Lala, I am sweating like a pig!”

     “Do pigs sweat?”

     “Yup.  They sweat when they get into the mud.  They have to ba-bath first before going into the mud.  If they do not take a bath before going into the mud, they will sweat.”

     “Ah so!  It’s like humans.  You have to shower first before getting into the swimming pool.” I say. 

     “Lala, you have to shower with SUNBLOCK!”

     He gives me a few minutes of silence to digest this information.

     Finally, he says: “Lala, when you die, I am going to miss your cooking!”

     Now where did this come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment