Sunday, April 15, 2012

Morning with My Ham


     


     He wakes me up this morning simply to ask, “ Lala, what is peer pressure?”

     That’s the Little Guy in my life!

     “Peer pressure is when your friends make you do something bad even if you know it is bad just because all of them are doing it.”

     “ Lala, what is epal?”

     “Oh, that is when somebody tries to make bida-bida.”

     “What is bida-bida?”

     “ Uhhhh…. That is when someone always tries to look like the hero!”

     “Ah!  That is when Carlos (the classroom bully) tells everybody to be angry with me.  He is making epal!”

     A moment of silence.

     “You know, Lala, Kurt is also epal because when everyone fights with me, even if we are friends, he also fights me.  That is epal, no?”

     “Well, anyway, you can tell them that you don’t need them.  They are just envious of you.  You are best in math, best in science, best in vocabulary, and best in reading!”

     “Hmmm…. Lala, I’m not best in math.  It’s best in spelling.”

     “Oh, okay.  Best in spelling then.”

     “But Kurt also has one medal.  Best in declamation.  What does that mean?"

     “ It only means he is good at making speeches.  Like blah blah blah (on and on with the proper intonation I go).  It’s easy to do that.  You can also be best in declamation if you wanted to!”

     “Yeah, that’s right.  I have four medals and they have none!”

     “Yup.  So let me sleep a bit more.”

     Silence for a second.

     “Huh… Lala, I am hungry na.  Can you cook breakfast now?”

     Another day of My Ham starts.  It’s like having Simsimi with me all the time except that with Simsimi, you start things by asking the questions. 

     Good morning, World!

No comments:

Post a Comment